How to Wash Synthetic Hair Extensions
It is best to wash your hair extensions every 10-15 wears. Typically, synthetic hair is easy to care for, as the synthetic fibres allow the hair to maintain its shape without having to style it. However, it is important to note that washing synthetic hair can deteriorate its quality over time. With that said, only wash your hair extensions when you feel it’s necessary or if it's getting dirty or starting to smell.
Shampoo and Conditioner
Shampoos and conditioners made for ordinary hair are not appropriate for synthetic hair as they contain parabens and sulphates which damage the hair. Instead, buy shampoo and conditioner that is specific for synthetic hair such as Jon Renau Synthetic Hair Care Pack.
Brush through your ponytail or hair halo to remove knots and tangles. Use a brush with soft bristles, like our Hair Extension Loop Brush, which carefully detangles without pulling or damaging the hair strand.
- Fill a sink with cold water and add a small amount of shampoo. Using hot water may damage hair strands and alter the style.
- Submerge your hair extensions in the water and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Take out your hair extension and rinse with fresh cold water.
- Repeat the process with conditioner.
- Squeeze the excess water out of the hair. Never twist or wring out hair as this will damage the strands.
- Lay the hair out on a towel and allow it to air dry. Never use a hairdryer as it damaged the synthetic fibres